#23 Four Generations of Welcoming Babies
To the right: Allen and Anne Philo, circa 1988
A timeline of welcoming babies into our family for the past 4 generations:
- Dorothea Lorainne Hess born at the Pipestone, Minnesota hospital: 1928
- Jolene Fern Stratton born at Sacred Heart Hospital in Le Mars, Iowa: 1956
- Allen Craig Philo born at Lookout Memorial Hospital in Spearfish, South Dakota: 1982
- Anne Stratton Philo born at Boone County Hospital in Boone, Iowa: 1988
- Thaddeus Hiram Fleck delivered at home in Madison, Wisconsin by a midwife: 2015
- Lewella Rachel Fleck delivered by a midwife at the Unity Point Birthing Center in Des Moines, Iowa: 2018
Jolene and Anne promised to provide several birth-related links in today’s show notes.
- Call the Midwife, Jolene’s favorite show about birthing babies. Anne…not so much.
- Hannah Bernards, the real-life midwife who delivered Tad and comes highly recommended by Anne.
- Chiropractic care during pregnancy.
- What is EA/TEF? A good explanation of the birth anomaly Hiram and Jolene learned about after their first child’s birth.
Find Us Here