#29 How to Handle Every Day Annoyances
In this episode’s feature, Anne and Jolene shared their favorite summer time treats. Anne’s is mint chocolate chip ice cream made using her Kitchen Aid mixer ice cream maker attachment. Jolene’s is an iced latte made in a Vitamix Blender using a Phillip’s Saeco Poemia espresso maker and decaf espresso beans from Iowa Coffee Roasters. Both recipes are found below.
Anne’s Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
2 cans (16 oz each) whole fat coconut milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup fresh mint leaves
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
pinch of salt
3/4 cup Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips
liquid Stevia to taste
Blend first five ingredients in blender until the leaves are totally liquid. Taste mixture and add Stevia to the desired sweetness. Pour mixture into Kitchenaid Mixer ice cream maker attachment and blend until it reaches consistency of soft serve ice cream. Mix in the chocolate chips. Pour into a bread loaf plan. Cover and put it in freezer until it is solid. Before serving, remove from freezer and let it sit on the counter for a few minutes. Enjoy!
Jolene’s Dairy-Free Iced Vanilla Latte
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until the
desired consistency is reached and serve.
Three Levels of Every Day Annoyances
- Level One: It’s annoying, and nothing can be done about it.
- Level Two: It’s annoying and you can fix the problem by yourself.
- Level Three: It’s annoying, and two parties or more are needed to remove the annoyance.
5 Steps for Dealing with Annoyances
- Remind yourself that no one is being mean or inconsiderate.
- Evaluate the annoyance and determine it’s level.
- If it’s Level One admit you’re annoyed, accept it, and remind yourself of the good things about intergenerational living.
- If it’s Level Two, fix it.
- If it’s Level Three, brainstorm possible solutions, communicate the solutions (not the problem) calmly and without accusation. Listen to the solutions others offer and together choose the best one. Implement the solution and re-evaluate it’s effectiveness in a few days or a week.
Find Us Here